What we do…
We will assist the applicant with the successful completion of the medical requirements of the application for the Department Of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services. Our USCIS Designated Civil Surgeons are experienced with the medical requirements of these examinations. Individuals applying for citizenship, seeking Permanent Residency, or a Green Card are required to obtain an immigration physical prior to approval of their application. It is mandatory that immigration physicals are completed by a Designated Civil Surgeon so the exam is valid. We do all the necessary testing on site and have all required vaccines in our office.
MBCHC has approved Civil Surgeon’s able to perform immigration physical and is an authorized facility. We have four convenient locations in North Miami, Little Haiti, Mid-Beach and South Beach. Please feel free to call our office at 305-538-8835 with your questions. Services and Fees…
MBCHC can perform the required immigration physicals (I-693 Exam) in accordance with the Department Of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services for immigrants or employers who hire employees originating from another country. Each evaluation includes an examination performed according to the medical guidelines established by the Department Of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services and Centers for Disease Control. The civil surgeon will record the exam results on Form I-693 for the applicant to return to the USCIS (INS).
We perform examinations most days of the week and are often able to examine patients the same day they call for an appointment. We accept proof of vaccination done elsewhere. We have the ability to provide the physical examination, the blood tests, the skin test for tuberculosis, the vaccinations required, and chest X-rays, if needed. This is all that is required to complete the medical part of your application. OPTION #1
- The cost of the COMPLETE Immigration Physical Examination is $465.00 and includes:
- Physical Examination and completion of all the necessary paperwork
- Tuberculin (Skin Test) and interpretation
- Required serologic blood work
- Vaccinations and status verification
- HIV, and
- RPR (Syphilis test).
- The cost of the X-ray is not included in the price of the immigration exam but can be scheduled through our office for an additional fee
OPTION #2 - If you only require a physical exam the cost is $120.00. Additional services that may be required are not included in this price, but are offered or can be arranged in our office for an additional fee. If necessary, vaccinations, laboratory testing, and follow-up chest x-ray for TB testing are performed for an additional fees, as needed. The cost of vaccines varies and typically for an adult three vaccines are required. If the skin TB test is positive, a chest X-ray is required. This costs approximately $80.00.
What you need to bring…
Patients are advised to bring the following to their appointment:
- Passport (if available)
- A photo identification - valid, government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport (preferred).
- I-94 (if available)
- A# (if available)
- A copy of any prior immunization/vaccinations/shot records
- Hospital or clinic records, including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease
- Prior chest x-rays and/or other diagnostic tests
- Any mental health records
- A complete patient information sheet, you can find this at this link: http://www.miamibeachhealth.org/Patient%20Forms/
- Immigration Physical Form I-693, pre-completed with your information
The full INS immigration exam is simple and requires a few basic steps mentioned below and can be done in one office visit:
- Basic immigration physical exam and mental status evaluation. Per USCIS medical requirement, the medical exam must include a search for any signs of infectious diseases involving the entire body, including private areas.
- Blood Test: Applicants age 15 and older are required to have a serologic blood test for HIV (AIDS) and Syphilis (RPR). Applicants under age 15 may require HIV or syphilis testing at the discretion of the civil surgeon, or if there is reason to suspect the possibility of infection. We will provide pre-test counseling to all applicants who take the HIV test. If you are found to have HIV infection, post-test counseling will also be provided.
- Tuberculosis skin test: Applicants age 2 and older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST) performed. This test requires a return visit to the office within 48 – 72 hours after administration. If the test reading is greater that 5 mm of induration, a chest X-ray will be required..
- Proof of vaccinations or blood Titer to prove immunity. Most adults require proof of vaccination for Tetanus-Diphtheria Td (within the last 5 years), Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox). Blood Titer is a test that proves that a person has immunity or antibodies for a particular disease. We will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. Please bring all vaccination records to your scheduled appointment for the immigration physical.
After The Exam…
Once the immigration physical examination is completed, MBCHC will certify Form I-693 with the test results of the immigration exam and vaccination history in a sealed enveloped to present to the Department Of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. A copy of your blood tests results will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the doctor. The examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date.
To visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information go to: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis